Friday, August 22, 2008

Researching Cars

So I have a little free time at work today and started looking into cars. I have a nice car, a 2002 Subaru Legacy GT, and have no complaints and no plans to buy a car for another 2-3 years. BUT, it is fun to see what is available. I want a car that gets around 30 miles per gallon (both for paying for less gas and for being nicer to this world of ours), not a hybrid because those are expensive and the batteries are apparently bad for the environment), and one that has a good record of quality/reliability. Other features would be fun, but I can live without them.

What got me thinking about this was a Seattle Times article called "Unconvential Economy Cars." So the first one I found was the Nissan Versa, which was ok, but had a bad reliability rating on US News and World Report (they probably aren't the best place to get a car review, but its what I found and I like the format). I saw that the highest rated car was the Honda Civic and close behind it was the Honda Fit, which I remember liking when I looked into it a few weeks ago. CNET didn't like it because it didn't have a lot of fun features, like nice car stereo or bluetooth, but those things are not the most important to me (plus you can upgrade). Car and Driver says, "Not only does the Fit deliver what you'd expect -- high mpg numbers and low ownership costs -- but it also delivers something you might not: high-quality interior appointments, a high level of usefulness, and a high fun-to-drive index." Honestly, I don't think Christy would like the shape/look of it. Well, I'm in no position to go buy a car nor do I need to fortunately, just fun to look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get my first car this year!! Thanks to Christy. I think she'll be enjoying sharing your nice one with you.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter