Saturday, January 31, 2009

Going to Prosser

(Again, I posted this message under Christy's name earlier, so I am reposting it)

Christy and I are just about to leave for Prosser today. Not only are we excited for you usual exceptional wining and dining and hospitality at Burrfield Manor, but we are watching the Super Bowl and celebrating my dad's birthday! So not much to report, but I wanted to make sure I kept to my resolution to write a post every week this year. Here's some other things going on:

  • We finally finished all our Christmas cards! Our printer stopped working for awhile, which delayed us a few weeks, but they are signed, sealed, delivered (hopefully delivered by now). There is a link to this blog was in the Field Notes, so hopefully some of you all will come visit our blog.
  • Taylor is coming home from Italy tomorrow! Caroline's boyfriend from Ellensburg and PLU has been studying in Italy this month and, speaking from personal experience when I got back from China my sophomore year, its sure nice to come home to an Olsen girlfriend.
  • If you haven't heard yet, there was a tragic shooting in Portland last weekend that took the lives of an exchange student from Peru and a high school girl who was to be an exchange student starting this summer. They were in the same program that I was in with Rotary International when I went to Argentina. Please keep their friends and family in your thoughts and prayers. Read more here.
  • Website of the week: WhatsTheRealCost.org is all about learning more about healthcare. It is a new website hosted by employer, Regence Blue Cros Blue Shield, and the goal is to shed some light on where the real costs are in the healthcare system. Check it out and let me know what you think (even if you don't agree with any of it).
Well, thats all for now. Time to hit the road. I hope our patched up Subaru can make it safely over the pass and back. The weather should be just fine...its sunny in Seattle now, but pretty cold. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

JR said...

Hope you're having fun at home!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter