Thursday, May 21, 2009

Twitter and my other blog

Well I'm finally getting around to testing/using my Twitter account (carlman03) I created last year. I was inspired after I saw that the City of Prosser (cityofprosserwa) and my sister's food blog (TheFauxGourmet) both have Twitters. I need to start catching up on the social networking curve as I've fallen a little behind. For those of you who don't know what Twitter is or don't get it (I don't really even get it), allow me to attempt to enlighten you. According to their website, "Twitter asks one question, "What are you doing?" Answers must be under 140 characters in length and can be sent via mobile texting, instant message, or the web." Some people like to stay connected and share what they are doing or keep tracking of what others are doing, and some people could care less. My suggestion: Create a free account, search for some of your friends to see if they have a Twitter account or search for your favorites things (restaurants (searestaurants), stores (Starbucks), media outlets (SeattleTimes), celebreites (THE_REAL_SHAQ)...you'd be surprised). Check out this list of top Twitters, based on the number of followers for each account. Feel free to follow my twitter as I start tweeting more often (tweeting is the act of writing an update for your Twitter account). One can tweet through the internet at Twiter.com or they can use their phone and text their tweet to their account and it is posted immediatly. How cool is that! I'm curious what you all think about Twitterting, so send me your feedback by adding a comment.

Update: I just found this great article about Twitter and sports, specifically Seattle sports.

My other announcement is that I have another blog I occaisonaly write for called TheSouthlake.com. It is a blog for the neighborhood I live in and I've been following it since I moved here a year ago. Rick, the founder of the blog, invited poeple to start posting their own stories on the blog, so occasionaly when I found a piece of news about SLU (South Lake Union) that I think is interesting, then I'll post it. Today I posted a story about a new Tesla (luxury electric car) showroom is opening up in SLU later this summer. Wonder if they require a $10,000 deposit to let you test drive it. Anyway, just wanted to share with you all that I am polyblogamorus...I read many blogs and write for many blogs.

In case you are curious, here are some other blogs that I follow:
What blogs do you like to follow (besides mine of course!). Let me know.

3 comments:

christy.olsen.field said...

My favorite blogs to follow are:

Seattle Field Notes (because you're fun!), I became a wife on August 11, 2007 (because Ellen and Kyle are fun!), and random photography blogs when I think of it. I like to see how other people view the world through their lens.

I highly recommend the Norway.com Blog, which provides comprehensive coverage of Norwegian news in English. It's the best!

JR said...

polyblogamorous! i love it. i want design help por favor!!! :)

Grace Like Kelly said...

Blogs are sooo fun, I am excited to follow yours! Great job!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter