Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Seattle Sketcher

So there's this guy named Gabriel Campanario, or Gabi, that does some incredible sketches around Seattle and in his homeland of Spain. He used to posted his sketches on his personal blog, until the Seattle Times gave him an blog called Seattle Sketcher.

Check out all his sketches in this Google Map and tell me which one you like the best. My favs are the ones that are very close to my apartment, like the Pink Elephant one and the La Qunita mural. I even saw him painting this one just a block away from my office while I was getting lunch a few weeks ago! The building on the left of the top drawing is my building. Each one has a story that goes along with it, whether it is a homeless guy or a fellow blogger.

2 comments:

Christy Olsen Field said...

I love the Pink Elephant! Gabi does a great job with his sketches, and adds some personality to South Lake Union. I would love to get a copy of this sketch.

Fun post, Carl!
Love,
Christy

Gabriel Campanario said...

wow, thanks Carl! if you happen to be into sketching, we're also launching a Seattle blog with some other local sketchers, check it out at http://urbansketchers-seattle.blogspot.com

cheers!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter