Monday, March 9, 2009

SNOW!

Its snowing in downtown Seattle! I don't think I've seen it snow from my 10th floor window yet and it is very exciting! When we got all the snow in December, I worked from home or it was on the weekend. I have been trying to think of a topic to blog about for the past few weeks, so this seemed appropriate.

On another note, I have an updated related to my last blog was all about stem cell research. Today, President Obama officially repealed the policy that restricted federal money to fund embryonic stem cell research. We'll see how this plays out.

Well, in the time it took my type this all, it has stopped snowing again and I can now see Queen Anne Hill (I couldn't during the snow flurry). Exciting, breaking news from downtown Seattle!

Spring weather in Seattle/Puget Sound baffles and frustrates me to no end. You'd think that after 4 years of living in Tacoma, I'd be used to the fact that it could be sunny, rainy, hailing, or snowy all within a half hour. Maybe I notice it more now since I have a better view of it from my window. I grew up in Prosser, where if it was sunny in the morning, then it would usually be sunny all day, or cloudy in the morning = cloudy all day...so simple.

Christy and I are flying to Los Angelos to visit my grandma this weekend (it better not snow down there!). We haven't seen her since the wedding, where she wasn't really herself because of a fall right before she flew up to Seattle. She sure was a trooper though! My aunt's Teresa and Carolyn and cousin's Charlie and Anne will also be around too, so it should be a great time!

Well, Happy Birthday to Dean (either 24 or 42, I can't remember). We had fun celebrating Christy's uncle's birthday with the whole Van Vleet clan at her grandmas house. Saw some pictures of Diane playing nurse as an 8 year old with the same smile she has now.

I guess that's it for now. Nothing profound, but its the latest and greatest from our life in Seattle.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I was baffled by the snow too!
Too bad it was not enough to cancel school... =/

I haven't seen you guys in ages and missed Dean's party =[ He's probably 24 by now? that sounds about right. miss you guys!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter