Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wonderful weekend in Prosser

So, I just realized that I haven't blogged for a whole week again. Tsk tsk. Anyway, our big events of the week were Diane and Caroline flying over for the start of PLU (classes started today/Monday) and our wedding reception in Prosser. It worked out for Diane to come to Prosser and celebrate with us, which was great! We picked her up from PLU on Friday after work and dropped some of Caroline's stuff that we've been holding for her. She has a new roomate, a great boyfriend (Taylo!), and 9th floor T-stad room with a view (plus no Crew this year, so she can actually sleep and have a social life. Christy and I are looking forward to having them up here some weekend to hang out with the old married couple.

So, we got to Prosser late Friday, and as always it was good to see my parents and Charlie. My dad's sister Rachel came from Bremerton to be our guest chef/caterer for the party at 4:00 on Satuday. She spent a lot of time preparing for it and kept us busy right up til the party getting the food ready. It was so thoughtful of her to do this for us for free! Plus, she through a party (with her sisters Sharman and Chris of course) for all or my family and Christy's on the Thursday before the wedding. It was fun to see so many old classmates, teachers, and family friends. My MIA groomsman (he couldn't make the wedding because his flight instructor wouldn't let him leave, so he wasn't offically MIA thank goodness) Matt Pinson totally surprised me by flying home for this party! I didn't get to talk to him much during the party, but we had a good time talking politics with our old Spanish teacher over some beers at the after-party. Since Christy and I were the guests of honor, we had to greet everyone and couldn't just roam as we pleased. Christy already knew a lot of people and we ended up splitting up, so that worked out well.

So I know you're all dying to know what wonderful food Rachel prepared for the party. She is just as good of a cook as my dad, if not better. She has catering experience, so she planned mostly bitesized dishes. On the menu:
  • Handmade sweedish meatballs (400 of them!)
  • Baked brie with onions and pastry dough
  • Awesome artichoke jalepeno dip (my favorite)
  • A classy cheese spread (champange cheese included)
  • Watermellon with strawberries (Christy and I put that together)
  • Chinese pork with mustard and sesame seeds (I got to cut those!)
  • Baked portabella mushrooms with a greek, goat cheese spread on top
  • Cone sushi with relish and baby shrimp (Diane and Christy put those together)
  • Chineese chicken salad in baby wonton bowls
  • Capresse salad
  • Plenty of wine
So, everything turned out great and the party went off without a hitch! Christy and I stayed up late Friday night putting together a picture slideshow on iMovie to burn to a DVD which we played a the party. That was a lot of fun to put those picutures to fun music. Look for a version on YouTube soon hopefully.

So, its late and I need to hit the sack, but thanks for reading and remember I love getting comments about anything and everything. If you recieve this via email, please visit my website aslo (click here) so I get a hit on my hit counter! Thanks and love to you all!

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend. Speaking, of weekends, we think you two should come down south on Saturday for a BBQ and football watching (OSU vs. USC) Anyway, let me know. We miss you guys! Have a great week. Looking forward to the next blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey Carlo SIL! (Son-in-law)
Great description of the menu last Saturday. I've told everyone the food was so good that I couldn't even list what we had. You helped me remember. It was all so delicious thanks to your wonderful parents and Aunt Rachel.

Thanks for a great visit with you two! Love, Mom Olsen

rcelfield said...

wish i could have been there. =( but i'm so happy for you guys that it went well. love you guys!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter